Aston\Augthon parish church (All Saints)
There are records of a wood and wattle Saxon church on this site before 1100 AD, but the stone church was started around 1100, and the stones laid then form part of the structure around the nave. The church was extended in 1450, 1777, and 1870, and in the 20th century.
The 14th century tower seen from Church Lane.
The church's interior circa 1904 (with thanks to Sally Maceachern).
See also the far more comprehensive 4,000 word pamphlet about the history of All Saints written in 1948.