Above, the old village street with houses centuries old. Below, one of the new housing estates (this one is 1960s/1970s) that filled in the gaps between the old villages of Swallownest, Aston, and Aughton. Until 1930 Aston and Aughton were separate villages.
The 14th century church tower can be seen on the horizion to the left. Before the 1970s this was open fields with grazing for cattle.