View Larger Map
The parish of Treeton used to contain Ulley, Waleswood and Brampton en le Morthen according to the GenUK website entry. They also provide a snippet of the 1822 equivalent of the Yellow pages under 'Professions and Trades for Treeton 1822! Its western flank is dominated by the huge nearby ex-opencast coal mine that exists on the site of the old Orgreave coking plant, a scene of violent and politically important scenes during the 1984/5 miners strike (do a google search on 'the battle of orgreave'. The opencast mine is being landscaped as at 2011 and there have been plans mooted to build housing and industrial units on it. There did used to be a Treeton pit, but few traces remain.
It's not all grim post industrial stuff though: To it's south is Treeton Dyke wetlands/watersports centre, and to its east is Catcliffe Flash Wetlands nature reserve.